Hall & Prior is committed to developing Woodside Health and Aged Care Precinct into one of the top 10 aged health care facilities in Australia, providing a new standard in connectivity and service to the surrounding community.
Since 1902 the site has been both a home and a hospital. With this development it can now be a combination of the two – a home for residents, and a place of care.
The project team has determined the following objectives that will deliver not only on the project vision but also on benefits for residents, their families and the surrounding community:
- Provide choice in living and care options for a range of needs;
- Provide opportunities to age in place for the community of East Fremantle and surrounding suburbs;
- Deliver practice in palliative care, dementia and other neurological disorder treatments;
- Restore Woodside House to its former glory in line with heritage principles;
- Prioritise resident, staff and broader community wellness;
- Serve high quality food in partnership with the Maggie Beer Foundation;
- Create a community hub with a public café and other facilities open to all;
- Drive exceptional aged care research and development;
- Provide a range of public and private outdoor spaces;
- Retain high value trees on the site; and
- Provide employment and training opportunities for the local community.
Meet the Team Behind Woodside
Hall & Prior
Hall & Prior has provided award-winning aged care services in the Western Australian and New South Wales communities for more than 25 years. The family-owned business today operates 27 residential aged care services, as well as in-home and community care programs.
Caring for more than 1,500 people in residential care, providing services to 1,000 in-home and community clients and employing 2,100 professional and specialist staff, Hall & Prior is dedicated to achieving a high quality of care for all Australians who need it.
Fire and Emergency Services Superannuation Fund
Partnering with Hall & Prior to deliver this important project is the Fire and Emergency Services Superannuation Fund (FES Super).
FES Super is the superannuation fund for employees of the Department of Fire and Emergency Services of Western Australia and some associated employers.